Re: And a Pent religion question

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_pnQJZROudFzsIIRyJvLdrQObb4lMPW45-8xd9Jm6dPaPUrJhhuRRsNXJKQal4UmOjzDLPEE>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:23:01 -0800

YGWV   bryan_thx wrote:
>  > They do not worship Orlanth, /per se/, but some

> > nomadic tradition. Heck, considering the pervasive influence of the
> > Spirit Plane on the region, they might even worship an analogue of
> > Kolat as their chief god...
> >

> Oh, so they are that tied into the Storm Tribe? I was expecting more
> of a totally independent* Majestic Spirit, more akin to the Grazers
> vs. Yelmic religion. We already see an independent storm in Doburdan,
> so I expected that there would be more, especially going into the
> spirit realm.

Sure! That is as likely. I was being general in referencing Kolat. It certainly could be a totally independent wind spirit.
> > > If so, is
> > > there anything published about the nature of their tradition? Or
> > > about whether or not they get along with the sun worshipping
> majority?
> >
> > They get along about as well as, say, the Mongols and Turks would have.
> So there would be storm tribes and sun tribes then? As opposed to
> minority groups in certain tribes worshipping storm?

Yes, that's how I imagine them. Desperate environmental circumstances tend to generate homogeneous cultures. That said, there are likely to be minority groups even within a homogeneous culture.

--Greg