Re: North Pent

From: donald_at_qNUdxtW1E6Ahz7-_yl5pCOh5G8mXs-ezJFDHhIfLW46Y51efEulOJKDuL5oog-rJVhikz
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:53:32 GMT

In message <4740DF0A.1060406_at_WAvDJGXD64LEOnRvXTAvfZdVXwJlmlL4VFkNJBqBytGaPagmoLhWclPLpuCeb93jeE08GurecPahDAcbm5ZbVAgvpLh04g.yahoo.invalid> Greg Stafford writes:

> > Or the Glacier could just stretch on until it peters out in the desert
> > of the Winter Wastes.
>
>We always need to be careful of maps that include the edges of the
>world. Those regions ae vague and unmapped, and they tend to shift in
>Gloranthan reality too.

Wouldn't the Glacier be one of the most significant changes in that reality? Some years it joins up across the White Sea, others it splits apart. Not dependant on climate change but magical fluctuations both predictable (such as the Kalikos icebreaker quests) and unpredicatable. I expect the rise of the Red Moon had some effect and it's fall will have. Plenty of room for heros to suffer from "I didn't think my quest would do that!"

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/