Re: Hazia

From: Earl <earlster69_at_q5h7CSmedG9GWGNutsFfWh8bwNTDQntprQYsz2S5yZKRbBiYEd8EQY0IgVQ0FElAg>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:22:23 -0000

In my game I have always had Hanzia to be equivical to strong weed, it is illegle is Sun County and its use and trade is against the precepts of Pavis (else Pavis would be full of Hanzia dens and dealers). The empire has no laws against its use by civilians and it is used by the military but only when off duty or on leave. Since the Hanzia production of the Pavis and Prax area would be relitivy low without a local market there is no mass production in the areas where it is legal, although there is some. Most if not all is shipped through the Lunar trade cults back into the empire for their own use. Its legality makes its value as a crop negligable and other crops could well be much more use and more profitable, plus its not like you can eat it if there is a poor harvest. I have always considdered farmers, especialy the newer ones to be much too worried about starving to be planting huge fields, and with the occupational govt rumbling about its legality its a gamble few of them wish to take up.
I recall reading about the Krasht cult being heavily into Hanzia production somplace, its definatle eluded to in the SC book. I also read that its production in the empire is centered about the stinking forest, and I doubt they have massive crops and so the Lunars have began to make moves towards halting imports into the empire from outside sources mostly to protect profits. If demand outstrips production though the Hanzia trade in Pavis county and the smuggled trade from SC will definatly be a huge business with gangs and organisations causing no end of trouble. (From the point of view of a game master its somthing too good not to drop players into from a hight). That said, there is always somone behind all the seeming chaos of the Hanzia trade who is making alot of coin and enemies from it.

(I'm new here, Im not a gloranthaphile by a long shot so dont kill me).

Earl.