Re: Antelope Lancers in Prax

From: donald_at_FuIXJ_i_gVZrZtheaFmEoBTpuLM6S9KrcU7yByJnkA6-2fdueq7yxxE6ehULalHOAyhcM
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:41:46 GMT

In message <fijqu0+pnsv_at_eGroups.com> "ltdoolittle74" writes:

>Hi everyone, I'm an old RQ3 hand getting back into Glorantha with some
> players new to Glorantha - an exciting time for them and me.
>
>I'm starting a campaign (using stripped down RQ3/4 with some HQ
>material as well) in Sun County / River of Cradles and urgently need
>some info on the Antelope Lancers of the Lunar occupying forces.
>
>Specifically, I was wondering if there is any info on Jaquat the
>Warlord, the major figure seemingly worshiped by these forces. I have
>'Masks of Pavis' but it doesn't give me much to go on (especially for
>BRP conversion).
>
>As far as I know, nothing much was ever written about the fearsome
>Lancers for Runequest and I'd appreciate any help, especially
>regarding magic available to them and other cults worshiped in their
>ranks. They are likely to become troublesome enemies or even uncertain
>allies of my PCs.

There are a few paragraphs in ILH1 on page 25.

As they are descendants of Praxian Sable Riders I'd expect most of their magic to be spirit based. Jaquat is probably a Lunar hero in the style of Chaghatishi Moon Bow or Undrendum the Red Falcon (both described in ILH2). So I'd go for mostly charms and a few feats from Yanafal Tarnils.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/