Re: The Old Man and the Feldichi

From: jorganos <joe_at_tJ3VbL8jNsw-gRwNGCFizeloTeC3GVDaN3ZEQlHnbN24qsmHP4OzBwuh6sho9H-RI8_jE7GX>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:49:15 -0000

Jeff Richard
> Here's another little mythic background piece that Greg and I came
> up with recently:

> The Old Man and the Feldichi

> The Old Man was an ancient god that lay with Dorasa during the God
> Time. Together they created the Feldichi or "Wise People," the
> ancient inhabitants of Dorasor. Protected by Dorasa and advised by
> the Old Man, the Feldichi produced a spectacular civilization.
> However, their entire people were exterminated by Chaos during the
> Great Darkness and the Old Man was consumed by the Void.

Given the lousy state of the Talastarings at the Awakening, I see much potential for things thoroughly forgotten - both among themselves and among their neighbors. Up to an entire race forgetting their name and their civilization due to their cultural god being eaten by chaos, even losing one of their shapes (the humanoid one).

I'm speaking of the Gold Wheel Dancers.

> Other stories widespread among the survivors of Talastar call the
> husband of Dorasa, "the Betrayer," or The Evil One," and also
> Eurmal.

Another face of Rashoran, then?

> The Talastarings look upon the so-called "father of the Feldichi" as
> a treacherous, perhaps even chaotic, being whose interests were
> anti-human. That the elves loved him only reinforces their belief.
> That the dwarves hated him does the same.

Does this mean that the elves retain memories of the Feldichi?

> And the Feldichi were neither men nor gods.

They appear to be strangely secluded, too. The Vingkotlings (who fought about everyone within 2000 miles distance from Kero Fin but the Kralori) have lots of mythical battles against dwarfen, beast and elf things from that direction, but no sign of interaction with the Feldichi. Unless...

> They were treacherous beings whose gifts
> invariable doomed the recipient. Many refer to them as the "damned
> Feldichi, fathers of ogres, canibals and seducers, they tricked the
> dwarfs in a contest of crafting - and won!"

Father of cannibals: is that a slight against Porscriptor, the non-Vingkotling husband of Infithe?

> That's why the dwarfs
> hate them so and why their gifts are so deadly to their recipients.

That, again, sounds a lot like old-style Riddler illumination.