Re: The Old Man and the Feldichi

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_uvsT5RRUgcEdg4wWGEA3NdZJRHSqVf26EBelR18d1pmPXJLCFoUAOvzs0CyRY-H9emlR>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:07:46 -0000

Quick background for folk who have no idea what Joerg and I are talking about:

The Feldichi were mysterious beings that lived in Dorastor before the Darkness. They left several ruins with amazing artifacts, including the wonderous Pseudocosmic Egg - which formed the basis for the rituals that created Osentalka the Perfect One (aka Nysalor).

The Gold Wheel Dancers (also called Gold Wheel Spirits or Yardoni) were mysterious beings that survived the Darkness (but not apparently the First Age). They were part of the original Unity Council. We know of two by name - Speaking Wheel, who was part of the original Unity Council and mysteriously disappeared in 375. The other was Florencia Sillinhalia, who was the lover of Gwalynkus the Good and mother of Golden Fintalen, who organized all the markets of Dorastor and the cult of Issaries too.

> They make only one appearance in the Modern Age, when Urrgh the Ugly
> begins worshipping his hoard, and reanimates Pinchining, who then acts
> as captain of the Cradle for Gonn Orta.

In at least one version of the story.

> This suggests they were allies of the Elder Giants of the Eastern
> Rockwoods.

Or perhaps it just means they were dedicated to the Unity.

> > Possibly. Or of Eurmal. Or of Ratslaff. Or a prior Gbaji.....
>
> I wonder whether Gbaji and Rashoran can be separated.

Sure. One is Gbaji and the other is Rashoran.... :)

> Eurmal or Ratslaff as founders of civilization sort of boggles the
> mind. (or Glorantha...) Even more so as "husband".

But the Talastarings believe it so!

> The Vingkotlings may have inherited at least five traditions that were
> alien to the Orlanthi: the Hyaloring riding tradition through Beren,
> another (possibly Praxian) riding tradition through Ulanin, and - in
> the neighborhood of Dorastor - three untold traditions through
> Kastwall Five, Goralf Brown and Porscriptor the Cannibal. Porscriptor
> at least sounds unfriendly.

I am pretty certain Porscriptor had nothing to do with the Feldichi. His cannibalism was a perfect normal reaction to the Great Darkness....

> > It could be that the Feldichi are the original ogres!
> > (Or it might not!!!)
>
> There's always Androgeus...

Of whom I am agnostic about.

Jeff