Re: The Old Man and the Feldichi

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_pqPi9bYIhCz-r90MBxgw_ADyh5gQCVYXupAj-_TmS2Sku_1Sl9G2S_8lBjR5olshxn>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 12:47:18 +1100

> The dwarves have a backup copy. Unfortunatly they need the World Machine
> fixed to read it properly. And they need to read the backup to tell them
> how to fix the World Machine. They are working on the problem.....

Not even Glorantha is free from the perils of technological obsolence in archival work! Aieee!

> The Aldryami are supposed to have a shared memory within each
> forest. So unless the whole forest is destroyed the memory still
> exists. And I can imagine a forest faced with destruction sending
> out messengers to other forests to pass on the memory. Not that
> it will work every time but usually.

I wonder if the memory propogates as pollen or some other form of particle. It might be neat to have the destroyers of a forest breath in the wind-borne ash and start to have weird memories...

It might even be a useful weapon for cultural imperialism: weaponised elvish mimetic spores or something... "You'll see our way soon..."

--
John Machin