Re: Lists and Consumer advice

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_PXryKPhlqIO3dkx60XiS734bHlxg2CP0yGXoT1rIkSJHYJT3or3Hi5nRlLEj3MUJDq4>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 12:46:04 -0000

Darren (obviously sucking up in advance of Monday's game):

> Check out Simon Phipp's website. He has a review of all the
Mongoose RQ
> books published to date.

Not all of them, yet. I am writing one for Elfs today, wifepermitting,  and have pasted the troll review from the Mongoose Forum into my RQM Review page, so it should be appearing soon.

The Dragonewt one is at
http://www.soltakss.com/review9.html#Dragonewts.

The Troll one is at http://www.soltakss.com/review9.html#Trolls.

The Elf one will be at http://www.soltakss.com/review9.html#Elfs.

CJ "I didn't get where I am by not buying RQ supplements":

> I just wondered if anyone who owned the Aldryami or Dragonewt
books
> could tell me a bit about them? They were the two I was thinking of
> picking up. Also as an owner of Troll Pak and the later AH Troll
stuff
> is the Troll book of any interest to me?

This is the last paragraph of the Trolls review:

So, if you want to play/GM trolls in Mongoose's RQ, then buy this. If you have Trollpack and wondered if it is worth buying this as well, then I'd have a serious think about what you want from a supplement. It doesn't really contain anything over and above Trollpack and you don't really need both, unless you want to use RQM's new Backgrounds and character generation.

So, if money is tight, I'd go for Dragonewts, because it is really good, Elfs, because a lot of is new although it's nowhere near as good as Dragonewts, then Trolls, because most of the material can be found in other Trollpacks.

If money isn't tight, then buy all three.

See Ya

Simon