Re: Do Ducks have cavalry?

From: Grimmund <grimmund_at_ihXzGCEW2tmlBStcBP1NmLWBVxGOvX7MXYIpmC9vql2VX3_TzymewOjZ4WLrn9lNEVZ>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 21:20:36 -0600

On Dec 9, 2007 6:25 PM, <donald_at_9_srf2rVOfG5H3PjEFOIp95UCTBQa3aV-9tayAIEGTBZPvtpnmFtuoPoqEBPWcQmFIkWwZlkz8hmsSBSIUPu0Xg1.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> How about giant swans? I can just imagine a flotilla of duck lancers
> paddling down the Oslir river. Of course they'd be pretty ridiculous
> on dry land so no change there then....

Swans (and geese!) make good guard animals, except for them crapping all over the place. They're territorial, and willing to attack much larger animals, and make all sorts of noise when strangers intrude on their territory.

Duck marines, though, might make use of giant birds to extend their range and increase their mobility. Or maybe airborne duck rangers...

Hippos tend to be pretty territorial, too. Nasty.

Grimmund

--

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say
that I have no grasp of it, whatsoever!"  - Baron Munchausen