Copyright violations on the Glorantha Wikia

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_c5m9T-cwJgbwwax_e-ZVWGhF5vlGw3toG9WJ49BC8r7w4YGAjlt2MVEucWox0v73bO4H>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:55:36 -0000

Howdy all - sorry to interrupt this wonderful discussion of duck cavalry to bring up a more serious issue. At Greg's request I took a look at the Glorantha Wikia (http://glorantha.wikia.com) and found that it is filled with blatant copyright violations.

Those who are involved in the Glorantha Wikia project, be aware that you cannot simply cut and paste other people's materials from the World of Glorantha and stick it onto Wikia without getting permission from the people who wrote the material. For example, there are numerous posts written by me to the WoG that have simply been cut and pasted onto the Wikia. That is blatant violation of the US Copyright Act and can expose the people in question to legal liability.

Please take the material down and get permission from Issaries first - we will be happy to grant permission, but you DO need to get it. Under US law, under the Issaries Fan Policy, and under the Wikia license as well. Please don't make us have to go to the Wikia administrator!

Now back to the ongoing discussion of Duck cavalry....

Regards -

Jeff