Re: Written Western languages

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_qYtGyBv4oOFa3QW5WoF0sLUerzV-6OjgtiGpp00l3Of7nEhQqH2Z1uHW0tlgW4wKISJ>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 02:15:37 -0000

Very nice Jeff! I'm so using that. If fits the general muslim feel of the west really well. Besides, the written word is magic! Just look at the Egyptians. The ottoman empire's muslims had these cool magic items, called something like shirts of invulnerability. Utterly beautiful shirts that had been embroidered with lots of scripture taken from the quran. I can easily see some enchanting by wizards and especially liturgists being done like that. What could be more potent that the words of the prophets and of God itself*!

  -Adept

*Or is God a he? For such a logical bunch I'd expect something gender neutral, but I just realised I'm not sure I've seen this anywhere.