Re: Written Western languages

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_WCvrZlw9Y11Y5a7l2YRNbeX6sW8uAhg7mPuD37_a_3a45C0CDq64JM8ihCi3LFcRkHa1GhL>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:31:16 -0800

YGWV valkoharja wrote:
> *Or is God a he? For such a logical bunch I'd expect something gender
> neutral, but I just realised I'm not sure I've seen this anywhere.

I don't think Creator is generally labeled as He or She, hence we would use It. However, that is a word with connotations for us, and so I personally think that there is a special term, neither gendered nor genderless, that is used for God.

"Zzabur raised his arms to the sky and addressed the wayward son of the Great Talar about Creator, saying "Sa does not interfere with the affairs of you petty mortals, but works through the channels of us Eransachula. You are misguided to send your prayers and energies to Sen, for Sa is Infinite and Ses distance from your petty personality is so vast that your mind can not imagine it."

That said, I am confident that many of the uneducated will address as He.

"After all, no one disagrees that Malkion is His Son or His Prophet, and since Malkion was a man, made in Hi Image, then of course Makan is a man."

--

    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,