Re: Runic associations: Humakt, Vinga, Nandan and fertility

From: Pete Darby <pete.darby_at_JFFOcKiZKkvHbMX5Q00Fnp2HSxXO-FPwzwll8I7wusbK_kubEgafZ92z671LBCo3R>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:40:18 +0000

I was just reading Storm Tribe yesterday: note that it contains references to some Humakti treating children of Humakti as undead, although they don't trigger any "anti-undead" magic... for initiates, it seems to be a personal choice, though I'm guessing devotees come down pretty much on the "severing all personal ties" side of the equation (yes, that would include parents from children... oooh, lots of pretty story ideas!)

I should imagine that there are mythic ways for both Vingans and Nandans to both father and birth children, though they'd probably be a lot rarer than similar methods for Helerites (you're never alone with a Helerite...).

Can't help feeling Eurmal's stick gets involved somehow as well...

And to bring things down to gutter level...

A Vingan girl flashing her rune
Lured a Nandan lad up to her room
They argued all night
As to who had the right
To do what, and with which, and to whom...

--
Pete Darby

Every Child Matters?