Re: Do(es) (the) Argrath(s) have a rune?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_H_dtTjvRL8cJrxj551tx61ZaS-o7Duwzie8d-OqvY9IfIQDyZ-EnQ34Iu4H9XrQMZIxmEdq>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 18:16:22 -0800

YGWV valkoharja wrote:

[Greg, responding to a question about whether Argrath has a rune]
>> No, he doesn't have one yet. He is not an independent power existing
>> on his own.
>>
>> Yet.
>
>Fascinating ansver!
>
>Will a demigod(ess) have a rune of his/her own?

Maybe. More specifically, an entity who is actively worshipped /as itself/ after death, and who returns magic or some other benefit, will have its own rune. The being has an identity through which it operates, and they tend to have the same multiple forms: the form they had while alive, a form they appear in now, perhaps a power or manifestation, and certainly a rune. That sign is one of the ways they normally interact with the world.

> Specifically a
>heroquested for offspring that has a small power of his/her own.

Probably not. If they die and have the thousand worshippers in place, maybe in the future. For now they are a super being, but not immortal.

Not to say they cannot have made their own particular sign that they use as a badge, on heir shield, to sign documents, etc. But those are just writing, not the magical sign symbols that we think of when we say Rune. So your demigod litter would likely have said sign.

--
    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,