Re: Day length

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_YauFW0-RfN9dAUuZ2WTcR0BBkTqHyw7ZeCTlMXo5vzbHwdaf573AiKpF74nMaSM227n>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 03:26:02 -0000

> Of course, the funny bit is, I can accept a flat, lozenge shaped
> world, but I'm having trouble with the sun being "overhead"
> everywhere on the plane.
>
> Oh! Glorantha is flat, not round, and that would tend to reduce the
> apparent angle of the noon sun. Your local 'up' is the same
> everywhere on Glorantha, as opposed to on a ball-shaped planet,
> where local 'up' varies.

As a general guideline, I run my games so that everyday things look just like they do on our earths past. Many things work differently, but the differences are pretty much what classical earth humans would have expected to see anyway.

I mostly run my games in the Holy Country/Sartar/Lunar Empire area, and for Heortland/Sartar I use scandinavia and other european places as inspiration. During summer, the days are long and hot, and the nights short and mild. During winter it's the other way around. I guess Yelm's path arcs far up north during summer, and far down south during winter (so it can actally be Summer in Pamaltela when it's winter in Genertela).

  -Adept