Re: Day length

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_7YuPWppiqso26clhY4hNvueIm9wgs6nNzaspIp8KxrrxM5s8ylAMCoP8mJQRWRxngJ6Yt42>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 06:12:47 -0800

YGWV   valkoharja wrote:

> As a general guideline, I run my games so that everyday things look
> just like they do on our earths past.

Me too.

> Many things work differently,
> but the differences are pretty much what classical earth humans would
> have expected to see anyway.
>
> I mostly run my games in the Holy Country/Sartar/Lunar Empire area,
> and for Heortland/Sartar I use scandinavia and other european places
> as inspiration. During summer, the days are long and hot, and the
> nights short and mild. During winter it's the other way around. I

Which is due, of course, to the fact that the sun is hotter (and brighter, and larger) in the summer and colder (and dimmer) in the winter.

> guess Yelm's path arcs far up north during summer, and far down south
> during winter (so it can actally be Summer in Pamaltela when it's
> winter in Genertela).

The sun does move its arc north in the summer and south in the winter, in relation to the sky dome; AND the dome tilts farther south---much farther---in the winter.

--
    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,