Fwd: Re: Day length

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_l9RA7hDQAdpry5lkhPlRgarELZQbvV9q-GLSZY8mcy5L5EQGZ_uDuVl3Q9FLtpQi-7>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:16:44 -0000

I don't think they are exclusive, but rather complimentary, to get something similar to what we see on earth.

Like you said, position in the sky (how far north or south) does not do much to explain seasonal variations--especially since the mortal inhabited part of Glorantha is roughly flat. So the reason that all of Glorantha has the same seasons at the same time is the varying strength of the sun. However, in the north this is accented by two things:
- the sun being farther south, dropping the energy per unit area by a few more percent
- the sky dome tilting and letting the cold in along the northern edge.

In the south the inverse happens, which is why there is much less seasonal variation in Pameltea (until you get way down south, and the tilting of the sky dome lets the fire in)

At least, I think that makes sense?

--Bryan