Re: Thief saints in Seshnela

From: donald_at_BcBB3WDCq-XrualqxeGrWvfsVVhp1y8aCi_qoJz0H7rgfc8JyXqsT2A8axo6uGAk7MsEH
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:11:27 GMT

>IMO, it'd be far more interesting to have a proper saint, say a beggar
>saint, who has been adopted by the criminal underclass. Give them all
>the magic and so on and have everyone deride them. If their magic
>works, there must be something to it, however wrong crime may seem in
>the order of things. That is the sort of open question which makes
>games fun (IMO) - make the thieves believe they are doing nothing
>wrong (in religious terms).

You could also have a Robin Hood type saint accepted by a fringe Malkioni sect. They'd be heretics to the Rokari church. Of course not all followers manage to live up to the ideal of robbing the rich to help the poor.

I think there ought to be some socially positive aspect to a thief's saint. Otherwise the followers can't justify their behaviour.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/