Re: Consequence when breaking the caste taboo's in rokari society

From: vesa.randelin <vesa.randelin_at_uncAQTofVAvOwKRE7b-KhKYfidoipecDdgCBNTcbuCgfh6OBKufMmvyPXx8z-Y>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:45:04 -0000

Well for example in the kingdom of Sweden after the Dacke -rebellion in 16th century the government banned the swords from the peasant caste. It seems that there was peasants armed with swords among the rebels. Altough they might have gained the swords from some nobles who were fighting among the rebels.

This tells me that when ever there was peasant rebellion the peasants also used swords if they managed to get one and if the government didn't ban them. So in Sweden this sword banning happened after the rebellion and was set in the fear of a new rebellion. But I think the sword using among the peasants depends really where the rebellion took place. Ofcourse spears, flails and scythes were the most common weapons for peasants and clubs too like in finnish "Nuijasota = Cudgel War" in the end of 16th century.

Okay this went quite far from Glorantha and the original point of this topic :).