Re: Thief saints in Seshnela

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_AQdd0rFiQCt_EyW2zN44rt4IOyNe0noTN-Zz8iX7b5W8fWCWPhx12dEu1QEusQhUnDn>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:50:22 -0000

That would be me :)

> This sort of made me think "why?" Wouldn't it be appropriate for a
"thief saint" to insert itself into
> an existing chain of veneration, and skim off some of the magic?

YGWV. The normal set-up is that the guy at the top of the Chain loans the power he collects back to the people further down. In the case of thieves, this won't happen, so they'd be giving up power in return for nothing. The ability to steal power from the Chain by somehow tapping into it is an interesting one, but (assuming its possible), that wouldn't make you *part* of the Chain, but rather, a parasite on it.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic