Re: A few Sartar questions

From: donald_at_HAQbhUSZHatirW5i4wnm-395QTWhp-tvk6KBHIEn93RfVN2qm6__KQfDGynIJ41z9HJ5Z
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 00:50:18 GMT

In message <478405E6.6000300_at_15D3DBylfIFFIKwS5AnlMaQ8XOP_IjJaV54mlkTmOQEDazv8pEajKSuH6sKcYeNS7pq3_-SeC5ZD0uXQ8J6GxyBEz70.yahoo.invalid> Greg Stafford writes:
>YGWV

> > > Reference?
> >
> > I'm thinking about things said on this list earlier. I'm pretty sure
> > there was talk about inherited magic in the line of Sartar, and this
> > being a feat only a few orlanthi Heroes have managed. I'll try to look
> > it up.
>
>Let us know. I do not believe I was involved in the discussion.

There's the ability to light the flame of Sartar which fits the definition of inherited magic since only Sartar's descendants can do so. That's from KoS.

There have been discussions about what exactly that magic does apart from the simply lighting the flame. Tentative conclusions were that used properly it binds the tribes of Sartar together which is pretty heroic but not all princes managed it.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/