Re: Thief Saints and Caste

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_OB70rXdDNshP9-OPguz5o154lJTe7j6-ANEacLbuefBxdXECO4JJ_qm0nmaMM-iUBW0>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:35:04 +1300

At 10:24 p.m. 11/01/2008, you wrote:

> > The Rokari have a tradition of iconoclasm which probably
> > means the Seshnegi have a tradition of iconism.

>Not necessarily. I think the Return to Rightness Crusaders who
>brought the Abiding Book to the Malkioni were iconoclastic.

IMO one really can't be iconoclastic without having a ready source of icons to smash. So while the return to rightness may have been iconoclastic, I think their attitudes were a minority belief with powerful support rather than one that was faithfully followed by the population at large.

--Peter Metcalfe