Re: Good Tricksters, Hare?

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_mvF8566hMlfDawW_YhrCi8a3rCAx5UgFriop2yHOtXrZjBr188WzRM9QxCi5>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:44:42 -0000

> More likely that the term is applied in a stricter sense. All of the
> above gods could have counterparts in Glorantha, but Moon, in
> particular, might not be called a Trickster.

I guess I put them all on the list because they all engage in trickery, and all except Mink show some ability to transform themselves or others. These are powers associated with Eurmal in the Heortling religion.

So, restating the question a little differently: Is it possible for a Gloranthan god to exhibit powers or transformation (self or others) and trickery, but take a more benign role than Eurmal or other gods considered "tricksters"? Or do the powers or transformation and trickery inherently belong to the Trickster that Greg described?

Rob