Re: Good Tricksters, Hare?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_Jpyl-1_pbB1Nhx9RHvHdEmht4NlsifOeeSHN6yd0YgX1Jvvw0RiHOaVWgjYqmfelbYT>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:03:48 -0000

> I guess I put them all on the list because they all engage in
> trickery, and all except Mink show some ability to transform
> themselves or others. These are powers associated with Eurmal in the
> Heortling religion.

But not exclusively so. Orlanth demonstrates trickery, as both Desemborth and Niskis, while Heler has powers of transformation. Eurmal is, perhaps, the only major Heortling god that does both on a regular basis, though. (Unless I'm forgetting someone obvious).

> So, restating the question a little differently: Is it possible for a
> Gloranthan god to exhibit powers or transformation (self or others)
> and trickery, but take a more benign role than Eurmal or other gods
> considered "tricksters"? Or do the powers or transformation and
> trickery inherently belong to the Trickster that Greg described?

I don't see why that shouldn't be possible. Trickster, I think, is about a particular sort of trickery (generally quite a dangerous one, at that), not just deception in general.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic