Re: Good Tricksters, Hare? Greg SEZ:

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_mBZR6v-wqAzPb-nkRwe7UhJuQWkgQezSh3ilsg7bXlmJxf5m5y9h0J0s0s16aJo867SAx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:33:51 -0800

> Actually I think that your chances of meeting initiates of Eurmal are
> pretty high! Remember that all tricksters that are bound to their roles,
> of
> which I'd guess the ones who are protected by chieftains are the majority,
> are initiates.

No, they aren't. They are still Disciples, but their obligations *to Eurmal* are only 30% of their time/resources. The other 60% that would normally go to Eurmal is instead directed at the Orlanth that bonded them. They still have 90% requirements, just divided differently. Just because their obligations to Eurmal are the same as an ordinary initiate, doesn't mean that they *are* an initiate.

Eurmal worship is pretty binary - either you are a trickster, or you ain't. You can be as disruptive and "crazy" as you like and still not be a trickster (and I've known people like that). The difference is that a real trickster doesn't have a choice about his antics - the fit takes him and s**t just happens. Sometimes it's good s**t, sometimes it's bad s**t, and the Trickster doesn't really have any choice of which it is. He simply cannot help himself (or herself, or itself).

Eurmal is *not* recommended as a player hero! He is not the funny man, or the class clown, he's a walking vortex of disorder. He's not "playing gags", and he (or everyone around him) just gets lucky if one of his pranks actually does good instead of bad in a particular situation (where "doing good" may mean "accomplishing the escape but insulting the one person who was your only friend among your enemies").

RR