[HeroQuest-RPG] Re: Travel Narratives in Glorantha

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_3xvo-8i5B1SMHTx4XRhjPra9TSQH9QGFQHfTXPRemJ2F-elZwv3BGVkCVRYN-2I_SBA>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:59:21 -0000

> The society I live in is turning into a hellhole, the reason
> partially to do with the absolute decimation of masculine ceremony,
> story and roles.

Where is this then?

Hell, I'm a red blooded viking male (Finnish version) but any laments of lost male machismo are totally lost on me. If traditional (20th century traditional) male roles and ceremony are lost, then good riddance to them. I live in one of the most egalitarian and feministic societies on the planet (Nordic countries in general and Finland in the specific) and still the remaining misogynism and male machismo angers and sickens me.

Hell, sign me up for Esrolia if the alternative is any return to even more macho attitudes.

We now return to our regularar gold-dwarf supervices programming. The decamony is your friend. Trust the decamony. Happiness is mandatory.

  -Adept