Re: Seven storms, fighting storms, seven wind (Orlanthi theology)

From: Boris Yarko <babeldemeter3_at_a7uaAauwPuZ4CDqkJnPWa8nAaXOj0i7V1NQp4quuZpfmnzM8N_7z3-0KpweBLx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:51:48 -0000

Oh, I succeed my request for divine aid directly by summoning the great deity of this list !!! :)

But as every deity, her words are a little bit cryptic. And my thirst for knowledge is unquenchable.

> The "Four Storms" is a standard for Orlanthi warriors. The people
> in the positions can change, but the positions remain the same :
> sword man on right, shield man on left, spear man, behind,
> supporter/javelineer behind.

Ok, but I'm trying to find out how the Lunars succeed in killing / chaining / whatever they did Orlanth. Consequently I need identified targets for their evil sorcery, rituals, heroquests...

I think that I will keep Finovan, Helamakt, Hedkoranth and Enferalda. But if they are other examples of association, I'll be glad to read them.

> The Seven Storms are the one before Orlanth, to his right, behind
> him, to his left, above him, and beneath him. The Seventh is he one
> in the center.

  1. Does these mean that the Seven Storm are formed by three of the Four Fighting Storms (on right : the sword man storm, on left : the shield man storm, and behind : the spear man storm) ?
  2. So I can assume that the seventh storm is Orlanth himself or his primary storm Ohorlanth ?
  3. What does this distribution (is it the appropriate english word ?) of the storms around Orlanth symbolize ?

> I didn't know any worshipers of those deities beforehand, when I
> was writing the adventure.

That's a clear and honnest answer, "chapeau bas".

> Or maybe the claim is Lunar propaganda?

This reply is the tricky one... ;)
Maybe, but as my Glorantha May/Will/Must Vary, I will state that it's pure and simple truth.

> > 2) Which of the Seven Storms is the one "trapped inside
Whitewall" ?

> It is Orlanth himself trapped in Whitewall.

Ok, so Orlanth himself is the seventh storm.

> Greg Stafford
> President, Issaries. Inc.

Please to meet you.

Boris

Homo sum, et humani nihil a me alienum puto.