Re: Seven storms, fighting storms, seven wind (Orlanthi theology)

From: Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_wgIhbc7iYAcS-EAhg4DZYdnvR7ilQUYZaoG98s-XlS7nOt-RqHaeMIgGfVbLcj->
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:23:09 -0500

Boris,

your world view of the Orlanthi is more unified than mine. I imagine that there are lots of variations on these themes. If your clan has ties to Vanganth the Flyer, he will end up as one of your four fighting storms. Likewise for Orvanshagor, Starkval, or almost any of the others. Mastakos and Niskis might be a bit harder to work in there, but I would never bet against it.

As for the seven storms, another perspective is to read

      http://www.glorantha.com/support/kolat.html

and note that "Seven Winds Practice" is the Core Practice of the Kolati.   Or is that Kolatings? And if your fear is Fimbulwinter, Kolati are not likely to be affected the same way the rest of the Storm Tribe are.

I don't know if this helps at all, but it might give you an idea or two.