Re: Seven storms, fighting storms, seven wind (Orlanthi theology)

From: Lev Lafayette <lev_lafayette_at_iGFBZSPeMppfFRQ9SYTubGsohKNu_6HffsvPGCHqJvzu49Xg3d5qCwLem-BCoC>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:49:36 -0800 (PST)

> --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, "Sam
> Elliot" <SamLElliot_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > On Feb 16, 2008 7:51 PM, Boris Yarko
> <babeldemeter3_at_...> wrote:
> > > Oh, I succeed my request for divine aid directly
> by summoning the
> > > great deity of this list !!! :)
> >
> > Steady on there. He's as human as the next man.
> > Sam.
> >

> Have you ever heard about the concept of irony ?
>
> Boris

Yes, and that wasn't it. Irony is when the opposite of an intention occurs in a narrative.

I think you meant satire, when a statement contains some truth but is elaborated to the point of caricature and parody.

Or even more likely, I'm being a literature nerd ;-)

Regards,

Lev

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping