Re: The Disintegration of Orlanth

From: donald_at_p4w8zc3N_Ta8D7IjEoxbOh-x_YON-jViLBLSdi6KEmcTB0uaoshnHQHVCbYmHTZ994AKV
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 00:42:58 GMT

In message <47B85E26.2030009_at_zg2slW2ORgHqbkiiXwk6z54Dy0uBAd0kMqNfsixRiyTPMfIGIdH_Ydg_4tXRgtEZu9M-qwV0QtVlLKj18wanc8pcJGtaIg.yahoo.invalid> Greg Stafford writes:

>Here is an article that I am working on the for the Big book of Ernalda
>and Orlanth.This article is not finished because i am undecided on what
>is beleived, what works--ie, what is actual.
>
>Nonetheless, I share it here in its raw and unfinished form in the hopes
>that it may provoke discussion that will provide me with the insight
>that I want. So in advance I ask the people to speculate, reason and
>intuit on this; and share that! And also, to those whose ideas might be
>rejected, please forgive that.

[snip]

>Love; desire, sex
>
>Conflict; death, violence

This pair doesn't seem right - they aren't really opposites. I think I'd go for Conflict and Co-operation which in Orlanthi terms would be Orlanth and Ernalda although I wouldn't label them male and female. Aternatively you might prefer Love and Hate or even Love and Indifference.

Haven't any ideas on the rest - they seem pretty straight forward. So I'm probably missing something deep.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/