Heortling Five Souls

From: Boris Yarko <babeldemeter3_at_h-buqbmQjDhMwniq__6rgjYCTgUVPjuqhfVslKatnp0X_XkvuuY8LbskQf0nWb>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:47:30 -0000

> Nonetheless, I share it here in its raw and unfinished form in the
> hopes that it may provoke discussion that will provide me with the
> insight that I want. So in advance I ask the people to speculate,
> reason and intuit on this; and share that! And also, to those
> whose ideas might be rejected, please forgive that.

> Thus people have five souls, one for each element;
>
> These are the physical person, the discernable person
>
> g Shadow, Darkness
> i Blood, Water
> h Body, Flesh & bones & organs, earth
> j Heat, fire
> f Breath, Air

_ . - . _ . - . _ . - . _ . - . _ . - . _ . - . _ . - . _ . - . _ . -

Here is my humble contribution... I made a set of concordance even if I'm not sure that everything fit. There may be a problem of consistency.

It's some kind of lankhor mhy pattern of soul theory.

AIR SOUL = Body part : life

Organ : lung
Fluid : breath
Metal : brass (hu-metal)

Sense : hearing
What's important : what's audible (spoken words, oath, oral tradition)

Characteristic : movement
Illness : spasm
Abilities : agility, power
Action : magic

Virtue : piety
Fault : violence, anarchy

DARKNESS SOUL = Body part : shadow

Organ : stomach
Fluid : bile
Metal : lead (na-metal)

Sense : taste
What's important : flavour (innutritio, meditation, to "digest" knowledge)

Characteristic : absorption
Illness : melancholy
Abilities : intuition, secrets
Action : urge

Virtue : wisdom
Fault : monstruosity, bestiality

EARTH SOUL = Body part : body

Organ : flesh / bones
Fluid : lymph
Metal : copper (ga-metal)

Sense : touch
What's important : what's tangible (practice, harsh realities, matter)

Characteristic : solidity
Illness : epilepsy
Abilities : endurance, inertia
Action : socialize

Virtue : generosity
Fault : submissiveness, dark earth madness

FIRE SOUL = Body part : warmth

Organ : brain
Fluid : sweat
Metal : gold (el-metal)

Sense : eyesight
What's important : what's visible (appearance, etiquette, ceremonial, look, signs, writing)

Characteristic : heat
Illness : fever
Abilities : abstraction, charisma
Action : analysis

Virtue : justice
Fault : authoritarianism, rigidity

WATER SOUL = Body part : blood

Organ : heart
Fluid : blood
Metal : aluminium(lo-metal) / quicksilver (sa-metal)

Sense : memory ? (any idea ?)
What's important : past lives ? (any idea ?)

Characteristic : fuidity
Illness : hemophilia
Abilities : strength, adaptation
Action : physical strength