Re: Mysticism and Dream Magic

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_owy1BBD05RgwAHUByv6-vyz0QGZ9-qjpt5n7f0-vDfmutDnsTmyJL_m34moEj6GYKY>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:07:39 +1100

On 29/02/2008, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_QlcWZ7JeZ0NE6Spnlxx0HI1ihu8kl24-2oE0MMTdzBPP1wKYDrj5Fjst-G3sokDSPap3dML5VHPkeG_NZrOR2co.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Dream Magic
>
> In my opinion dream magic is common magic
> (although Merasedenya's magic is lunar magic) and
> thus the action of using dreams to effect reality
> should be spiritually neutral (or spiritually indulgent
> from the Vithelan point of view).

So the Dream World is like another, evanescent, "everything-world" that exists only in the unconscious of mortals (and immortals? Can immortals even be unconscious, or are they eternally "awake-yet-dreaming"?)

> That bad things have happened through the
> use of dreams to effect reality is, I suppose,
> connected to the fact that in Vithela, Avanpdur's
> remains lie in the dream world and hence
> manifesting dreams also manifests Avanapdur
> and leads to some calamity or another.

Presumably if they were even aware of it, Lunar dream-magicians would mock this position; obviously this 'Avanpdur' is simply a being of the dreams which the primitive Vithelans feel the need to repress and deny - rather than embrace, accept, and Include as the civilised open-eyed Lunars do.*

--
John Machin