Re: Mysticism and Dream Magic

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_d-NNUHJwBJR0xmoSrzebvSk6VDOhc0Vi6VKh-zEcFbyZdEMqDQ3OOFJ9SBlUBibtiZS>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:57:29 +1300

At 10:19 p.m. 4/03/2008, you wrote:

>I haven't really been following this closely but I do have one
>curiosity: how does it work in play, if it has actually been used?

Making it a straight ability means there's little point in becoming a fallen mystic. Hence my guess is to allow the ability to add its full value to the augmented ability (ie as a released spirit but all the time) to provide some temptation.

>Is
>it actually fun to have a character with these restrictions?

Well, I didn't intend fallen mystics to be fun and playable any more than Broos. To me, they range from mooks to boss monsters. I can see a couple of character concepts in which a fallen mystic is good or even heroic but their spiritual status is still one of hopeless damnation.

--Peter Metcalfe