Re: Babeester Gor initiation

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_obuOoTdTIHghUOQ5gOpUdzOC4oaR066QN0feytBaPPjU2esFs32K3SJhnFiIhHE>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:05:26 -0700 (PDT)

     Glad you approve! I, too, have been a GM. And read way too many Greek and Norse tragedies.

> > Gives a reason for Bert to rape her when it all
goes wrong (assuming that someone else in the gang hadn't actually been the perpetrator of that particular crime).

> No, I want Bert to do it, it adds more horror
(because they're brothers), and it feels tragic.

     I think you mean siblings, but OK. Donald's idea that Bert was wide open to a lust spirit has some merit. Bert's probably been hiding in places where such things would lurk. The whole situation might attract some, too.

     If you want to land the whole blame for raping Erissa on him, you certainly can, but Ian and I were a little doubtful that he'd actually go that far. That someone did it, sure, and Bert as the pivot gets blamed as accessory, anyway.

> I think I prefer her to realize it on her own, by
the images that she sees instead of their parents telling the truth. It will be more shocking this way (I'm eager to see her face).

     You are not a nice man, Sergi! Meant to be a GM, that's for sure. :-)

> What's more, in the end, he did it. He raped her. So
now he's guilty. And Miriel's brothers were innocent of course.

     I'm confused about how Miriel's brothers come into this.

> Miriel is the only kin left, I fear. And no one else
died, only Miriel's family. It makes sense, since it was a secret meeting.

     I'm betting that there were other people on the stead who might not have been close kin. A couple of farmhands, perhaps, or slightly distant relations. Also, if Erissa and her husband are the only two who know what truly happened, they'll probably ask Bert to come in disguise. So to the rest of the stead, he's some passing trader or traveller, that's all.

> This is shaping up into something I'm really eager
to play. Once everything is done I'll let you know how it went.
-Sergi

     Looking forward to hearing all about it. It's a doleful situation, whatever way you cut it. As I thought the player herself has decided that Miriel has a dreadful backstory, it doesn't sound to me as if she's working too hard for a happy conclusion. So I expect buckets of blood all round, and a driven Babeester Gor worshipper at the end of it.

Alison

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs