Re: Orlanth's High Holy Day... in Pavis! (And Vinga and Humakt's too)

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_Aw_lY3Ndq6xL9obcJI8fgQ3MeOUYZicK93FQXNYsnGSeSsRRcSVWbRrF_eIsCrs-hepwy6d>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:52:13 -0700

YGWV xavierllobet wrote:

> > I think that the myth reenacted during a god's high holy day is the
> most
> > important myth for the deity.
> > So for me in Orlanth's high holy day ceremonies, either the
> Lightbringer
> > quest or the death of the Sun is retold.
>
> Or maybe those are the myths they reenact in Orlanth temples during
> Sacred Time?

Correct. The LBQ is most likely to be done during the 2 weeks of Sacred Time. Not only, and not always, but usually.

> Maybe all the local priests and worshipers of the
> Lightbringer cults get together to reenact these myths collectively to
> pool resources???
>
> By the way: Any ideas as to how to "play" the reenactment in a
> interesting way other than reading the myth aloud to the players?
> (They are only initiates).
>
> > Faltikus is the high priest so he should lead the worship, but
> Krogar is
> > more poular and maybe
> > more competent so the benefits should be better with him as a leader.
> > Sometimes Krogar takes the lead.
>
> I see Krogar more like a cautious guy, as described in "Strangers in
> Prax".
>
> > For Vinga, I havs no ideas.
>
> What about Humakt?
>
> More questions:
> Could a Sartarite humakti initiate (who can't reach a theist temple of
> Humakt) worship his god during the High Holy Day in Tourney Altar
> together with the animistic "Iron Man" praxians?

Yes.

> And the other way round? E.g. is an animistic worshiper of the "Iron
> Man" totally out of place in a proper temple of Humakt?

He is not out of place.
They know they are all worshiping the same power. They know these are one entity. They just dont' exactly agree on the best way to worship him.

--
    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,