Re: TaJers

From: Doyle Tavener <JavaApp_at_nUzZvshNCsJUy8_Qf1tXW2TdgQATjac5KCBV2C_09QbIa9X6am74HsUv04Sl-_NzutuE>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 23:00:45 -0000

> Travel and Journey essentially mean the same thing in English. I do
that
> sometimes to confuse English speakers, so I can understand your
> confusion. That is to say, there is a deliberate obscurity and
confusion
> here from the author.
> BUT, that nonetheless, I tend to think of the Travel part as
movement in
> the physical world, while Journey is travel in the Other side.

This may not be clear from the context, but 'travel', in general English usage, implies the more mundane movement of a person from place to place, while 'journey' implies something more personal and significant, where physical travel imposes some spiritual or emotional change on the subject.

Frex:
Do you intend to travel by plane to the business conference?

and

He has completed his journey to the Vatican.

So it's not an entirely arbitrary distinction on Greg's part.

Doyle