Re: Help with a Daka Fal shaman

From: donald_at_TzHCzvK7YbHALz01Zp4EOR4UZK1Pvv1-CxH3vfCL4iCaeHHKOksVWG01u5mWsXeGHXihl
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:32:50 GMT

In message <g3d9kg+v8p4_at_eGroups.com> "xavierllobet" writes:
>Hi all!
>
>I need your suggestions, please:
>
>What could an Agimori shaman (who worships the ancestors) do on its
>Great Holy Day taking into account that he is currently under contract
>by Duke Raus (i.e. not with his tribe)? What kind of ritual would he do?

This depends on how you see shamen. To my way of thinking the holy days and great holy days are a theistic practice - days when the whole community gets together to give sacrifices to the gods.

Animist practices are more individualistic, shamen can do rituals on their own and at any time although community support makes them easier. The holy days then become a time when it is easier to contact the spirits of that particular kind. So I'd suggest that's what he/she would be doing - finding spirits, binding them into charms etc.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/