Re: Help with a Daka Fal shaman

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_H_m-bw0tv1p94A34xfwTRqiLd0jGrB0u0UxURu8be7aukvtU3sqo_rqh5pFyuSa8Rtvt6uG>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:10:02 -0700

YGWV bryan_thx wrote:

> As for what the shaman would do on such a day, I think it would be
> more challening when seperated from most of his people. To contact
> the ancestor spirits surely it helps to be on ground holy to
> them....which would probably be the tula? And to have 'things' in
> which there were interested, like a crowd of their descendants?

I think that the basic response is that he would do whatever he normally does. That is, he sits down and does the ancestor Ritual. He knows that sometimes it is easy, sometime hard, sometimes even fails when he is there with all the people. He knows ways to work harder, but doesn't have to use them all the time.
I think that missing actual spirit world contact with Ancestors once would be lonely and mildly worrisome. But I think that some of the Sararites/Orlanthi are used to being away from their family for years, both physical and spiritual. So it might not be a problem, or at least, not a crisis, for quite a while.
--
    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,