Re: Illumination and lies

From: David Dunham <david_at_2wAGMAh9sEOwWIULN1ff-SCEqs5dOWakr8qgWD52X2_bkuRoccs122WS7uWTwo2IvUTd3K>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 19:31:16 -0700

Jeff

>An initiation to
>a specific god or religion is not something you can fake - it creates
>a divine connection between you and the gods in question. When a
>Lhankor Mhy initiate uses his magic - he is Lhankor Mhy. Same thing
>with Irippi Ontor.

Unless perhaps you're a God Learner. I remember a talk by Sandy Petersen, where one of their tricks was to sincerely worship whatever god they were interested in at that moment. But even for them, this doesn't necessarily mean that they could change pantheons like shirts.

Of course, the world has changed since they were around. So even what they did may simply not be possible any longer.

--

David Dunham