Re: Illumination and lies

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_J3zXfdGEmx_BaHCeXFuDxMMoQAEDcMDU3PJ6V82TN4ZobMxL4iTYHJoacS9dJ_jCs_wa>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:13:44 -0000

> My first reaction is that it sounds like the kind of thing Cacodaemon
> worshippers would be able to do. It seems to sort of be their raison
d'etre.

Cacodemon worshippers want to hide within (inferior) human society - but rarely do dangerous things like try to become a non-Chaotic god. They mask themselves as acceptable outsiders (traveling merchants, exiles, and so on) where they can hide in plain sight.

> Then I thought about Nysalorean Illumination. It feels right.

Well, you mean modern Lunar Illumination? That certainly could work.  A Lunar Illuminate can develop a divine connection with a god hostile the the Red Moon.

> There's also something vaguely Arkati about it, too.

Arkat was always a passionate devotee of whatever he was devoted to. He just remembered everything he learned from his previous devotion.

> With just a hint of Lokamayadon.

Not the slightest bit of Lokomoko, who never tried to pretend to be anything other than what he claimed he was - the greatest Storm cultist in the world.

Jeff