Where does 'gyrda' come from?

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_2I6qNrUkjlw3_RYQzXYAd5lGQ2M-12ZdaUryPL5RszxG9IZw1JjEwhsrS55onGp>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:12:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

     Small, nitpicky question here. Where does the term 'gyrda' come from to describe an Ernaldan (or Heortling) priestess? I'm editing some stuff for Zin Letters, and the term is used in one of the articles. Not having seen it before, I checked Google. It means a unit of measurement in Anglo-Saxon, 'to gird' in Icelandic, and something else that I couldn't find out in Bulgarian. The meaning 'priestess', however, doesn't come up.

     It may just be a made-up term for Glorantha, but I tend to think it's from somewhere. If not, and it's a new term, is there any reason that godi/godar can't be used for women?

Thanks,
Alison