Re: Where does 'gyrda' come from?

From: ileskela <ileskela_at_mycrbpmItLhroWIpGOb7UjO9O-ql0fyqnS0X1DgGOr_4cLYKx3TPgHwLqUdsr1VDG3A>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:38:02 -0000

Simon Phipp:
> In my opinion, there have been far too many arty-farty terms
> introduced into Glorantha for no discernible reason except,
> perhaps, to show off the authors' knowledge of obscure language
> or to show off their ability to create obscure jargon.

Or simply, because such terms enhance one's experience of Glorantha. :)

But yes, that would be arty-farty and elitistic, for those who don't share the fun, and for those who try to grasp the basics of the setting for the first time. Not having 'gyrda' or 'godi' in the forthcoming 'Cults of Sartar' is a wise move.

But I find it strange that instead of Alison, John and me figuring out an answer to the actual question, the debate has become one of for or against. What nonsense. We're better than that.

A friendly hug to you all. :)

-ile