Re: Where does 'gyrda' come from?

From: Lawrence Whitaker <lawrence.whitaker_at_-L8bHeR4STBQb4Jyhojpyw_vqEmsNW0TFsPN-W34zOctI7_kNxHU9EGJUV>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 19:08:19 +0100

Kind of off-topic, but sort of illustrates the point that's been made earlier.

One of the Mongoose writers, who doesn't know a whole heap about Glorantha, was assigned one of the books and sat down with Storm Tribe and Thunder Rebels to get a handle on the Orlanthi. Reading both almost made him wave the white flag of surrender because the sheer level of detail, and a great deal of obscure detail, linguistic, cultural and so forth, made the basics so hard to assimilate. He perservered, but had a certain feeling that the work he did with the Orlanthi wasn't going to be accurate enough, or detailed enough, because ST and TR was such a struggle to use and get through. In the end he did a really good job, but that didn't make the journey any easier.

So yes, I'm with Jeff, Simon and the others on this one: KISS.

--
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel
And the next its rolling over me...

Rush - 'Far Cry'