Re: Where does 'gyrda' come from?

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_U1eSdd3OQgu4sfJyaRgZ9efwuVIptc8PhLIYl6WRfmRTHmlGwDcX9tXjsHEfYwga1L>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:47:49 +1000

2008/7/20 Stephen <stephenmcg_at_d5nKSgrD7qpPBVeU3Kqo5SSE87T5PLtQOTnMf2Bt5TFMRqRaGDTOmc3V-okGJRdAHz9ulTbFk4AGUMwg7H1pmQXg.yahoo.invalid>:
> See, I'd agree with this. I didn't get into ILH2 at all and am working
> hard to use it for my purposes of introducing players to the Lunar
> Empire without requiring them to take night classes. :-)

I hear this!

I love the vast detail myself, but I know not everyone does. It can be a bit of a trial to get people enthused about and involved in the setting.

I'd encourage the 'two pronged' approach that some favour. I don't think it needs to be broken into separate volumes however. Cheat-sheets, summaries, and more stuff like "What My X Tells Me" make good ways of getting useful, relevant, context across to people with less Gloranthaphilic inclinations.

Cheers,

--
John Machin