Re: "Don't mention the gyrda!"

From: Sam Elliot <SamLElliot_at_cLk3tL6JQ5-COH_IxMZT6-vzcxX1CMO4VkAnMmtGXiDvKB5qyfLBzRDXi0o3AHOah>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:42:53 -0300

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Alison Place <alison_place_at_tzPbu9AprlAqm4OydZyryLzutk6hBYBeZb6DMi3iHYhlq9n263OF5s_4hlaCU0YdOe-2RQDq0Y8KZBxX.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> just that doing that as a first resort is boring. By the way, good for you
> for playing female characters. None of the group with whom I've played ever
> have. Maybe I should suggest it, for whatever we do next. I'm not sure how
> they'd react to the suggestion, but now, I'm curious.

FWIW I seem to play about half female characters (I'm male). I don't really understand why people tend to play characters of the same sex as themselves. Is it something about identifying with the character?

As for female characters and combat, the ones which come to mind use: bow and arrow (twice), knife (twice), umbrella and a darning needle (she's a sprite).

Sam.