Re: Alone "City" & Surroundings

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_9738irDnpfM24lne061TjDh2kp9Qm-8SMtcVstody3-_OBjm-RZHsaJWcOd_YHZ3>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:55:24 -0700 (PDT)

"ileskela" says:
> I've been pondering how the "city" of Alone (in Northern Sartar, i.e.
> Far Place) would look like around 1620. I'd be happy for any insights.

I recall that, shortly after the core Heortling books came out, a small group attempted to come up with a mini-setting (or, at least, an outline of one) for Alone. I don't think it went anywhere, but some folks might still have their notes. What i recall was the conclusion that Vingkot would be a good leader-god for the tribes there because they have to fight both darkness-worshippers (trolls to the east) and sun-worshippers (Elmal worshippers to the northwest). There was some thought that they might be into prophecy about the return of the third aspect of Vingkot: High King. And that's pretty much all I remember. Chris Lemens