Re: Longevity and immortality in Glorantha

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_THVzwjX_KESjoNEY4OxToJr-qGYLqHplbK9TzPyurAvWymzBa1QiqxT7miZc9kC71q>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:03:12 +1000

There is an example of a guardian that provides this sort of thing in Champions of the Reaching Moon; the Sapphire Ring (*Champions of the Reaching Moon*, 38-39). Presumably other guardian's can do the same sort of thing.

I have to admit that had thought this might also work for people in the West who might be members of a congregation at a particular church and also members of a band that has the essence of the structure as their guardian. I had imagined an archive (okay, not that imaginative of me...) where the guardian provided preservation powers to the collections *and* to the staff. Promotion to the head office of this particular band didn't just mean a fancier office and an excuse to wear snappier clothes, it meant greatly extended life. (This would be great for retention of corporate memory too...)

--
John Machin