Re: Longevity and immortality in Glorantha

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_3_GR-M0NI0mCgaoy4HZOZabCPk82rSf1HxkVLUS0i3jnn_AU5s15jTK6vaaLNML_WpV>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:41:24 +1200

At 10:03 a.m. 22/08/2008, you wrote:

>The Loskalmi have learned the art of physically building spells as
>architecture.

I think this practice is much older than the Loskalmi and goes way back to the ancient Kachasti who explored concrete reality*. Throughout Malkionism there are various Kachasti buildings such as monasteries or sorcerous towers that have similar properties - to bring about a greater closeness to the Invisible God or mastery over the Cosmos.

Where the Loskalmi differ, I think, is that they have expanded the practice from its original religious or philosophical purpose into a secular practice to enhancing the might of the kingdom.

--Peter Metcalfe

*the main relic of Kachasti magic is the concept of Talismans.