Re: Questions about wyters

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_sg8Tb-IAiUV3rfwA_LUAFDQxVkyHB1p8viPAVcgTllXssngHabku_tirwXSJyiDiZh1a>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:11:08 -0000

> I have an interesting situation.  A Heortling clan has been taken
over by the Lunars following a rebellion.  The former population of the clan is now split into three, Lunar sympathisers still on clan lands, Lunar slaves also on clan lands and escaped rebels hiding in the mountains.

Are they just sympathisers (who maybe sacrifice to Doburdan and other foreign gods) or do they actually sacrifice to Lunar demons and other evil beings?

> The members of the clan who fled before the Lunar takeover would
like to reclaim their wyter from the Lunars.  The have reasoned that the sympathisers would be more interested in Lunar wyters, the slaves will have little freedom to worship and that therefore they are the only true clan members remaining to worship their old wyter.

So in effect they want to create a new clan using the old wyter.

> My question is this.  Is it possible to remove the wyter from the
original clan lands and transfer it to new tribal lands?

You can take a wyter - assuming it is housed in a moveable object (and not in a living grove or a 5-ton granite stone or something like that). You may be able to worship it and to have it accept your community as its community - but that is something I would make the center of a gaming evening.

Jeff