Re: Saint Orderlies

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_yXm-sIJNg1j6hipD7enhG15qiLO4RLKDLx42XnYUmsXahptmGx3VnajFGTJuJ7gvg>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:41:10 -0700

YGWV On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:56 PM, David Dunham <david_at_E_9SOX4Jtyi1yqOqnHahh616CRsODagqnvh2GX41E7ywRc42rjjSMXAZk-W5EehRlh68zvHLfSIEcg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Peter
>
> >In my opinion, Saintly Orders arose with the first saints way back in
> >the Land of Logic.

I think so too. This would have been after Death had come, and the Saints provided a way to re-establish the flow of divinity back and forth.

> I don't think however they had written scriptures and
> >formularies back then for these would have come about in emulation of
> >the miraculous example of the Abiding Book during the Imperial Age.

I am pretty sure there were scriptures of some sort before the AB.

> My memory is that the Abiding Book actually happened to include
> portions of earlier religious works.

Yes, absolutely. Which of course proved that these earlier scriptures were, in fact, True.

> It wasn't the first-ever magic
> book. Sacrilegious people might even see it as a compilation (with
> substantial new material).

While the religious recognize it as the Ultimate, God-given Final Scripture of Truth, for which the earlier portions helped to prepare the way.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer